Sun Bird Acupuncture & Herbs
Dr. Li Wang got a doctor degree from a well known university of Traditional Chinese Medicine-Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Dr. Wang had been working as a lecturer and associate professor in Shanghai University of TCM for near 20 years and practiced in the outpatient department of the hospital of this university.
Dr. Wang has deep understanding of Traditional Chinese Medicine and has accumulated extensive experience both in acupuncture and Chinese herbs. Dr. Wang also has a wide acknowledge of traditional Chinese skills of health-preserving, such as Qigong, Taiji, Baduanjin ect.
Dr. Sun has practiced both Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and
Western medicine in China and U.S.A for 20 years.
Dr. Sun received his medical degree training at Shandong University of
Traditional Chinese Medicine in P.R.China in 1993; In 1999, he received his
Master Degree of Orthopedics in Medical College of Qingdao University in
P.R.China; and in 2004 he received his Ph. D in Shanghai University of
Traditional Chinese Medicine in P. R. China. After received his Ph. D , he studied
for his second doctoral program of Occupational therapy and Occupational
science in Towson University MD U.S.A.
Being a Professor or Associated Professor Dr. Sun also taught
acupuncture and traditional Chinese medicine in Shanghai University of
Traditional Chinese Medicine in China and American Academy of Acupuncture
and Oriental Medicine in U.S.A.
Currently, Dr. Sun is a professor and licensed acupuncturist in Phoenix Institute of Herbal Medicine & Acupuncture (PIHMA) in AZ, teaching and practicing traditional Chinese Medicine and acupuncture.
Dr. Sun has extensive experience in treating a wide variety of conditions, including headaches, migraines, sciatic pain, fibromyalgia, arthritis, joint pain, spinal problems ,TMJ , depression, anxiety, insomnia, infertility, menstrual disorders, menstrual pain, menopausal syndrome, PMS, endometriosis, fibroids menstrual disorders, PMS, obesity, skin diseases like eczema, neurological conditions suchas multiple sclerosis, stroke sequel, etc.
1. Peng Sun, et al. (2010). Zang Fu Point Massage Methods. International Journal of Clinical Acupuncture.20(1):32-33
2. Peng Sun. (2010). Thawing a Frozen Shoulder with Needles. International Journal of Clinical Acupuncture. 19(3):125-126
3. Peng Sun, et al. (2010). Adjustment to Caspase-3 Expression of Intervertebral Disc of a Bipedal Rat Model by Acupuncture. International Journal of Clinical Acupuncture. 19(1):20-23
4. Peng Sun, et al. (2009). Therapeutic Observation of Chinese Iontophoresis and Traction Treatment to Radiculitis Induced by Cervical Spondylopathy. International Journal of Clinical Acupuncture. 18 (4) :233-236
5. Yifan Liu, Xuemin Shi, Peng Sun.(2009).Effect of Acupuncture on the Activity of Antioxidase and Expression of Gene in Senescence Accelerated Mice. International Journal of Clinical Acupuncture. 18 (4): 237-243
6.Liu Yifan, Sun, Peng. (2009). Progress and evaluation of Obesity Study Treated by Acupuncture. International Journal of Clinical Acupuncture.18 (4):259-264
7.Wang YJ, Shi Q, Sun, Peng, et al (2006). Insulin-like Growth Factor-1 reatment Prevents Anti-Fas Antibody Induced Apoptosis in Endplate Chondrocytes.Spine. 31(7):736-741
8. Sun, Peng, et al. Cervical Static System Treated with Chinese Tuina Therapy (2005). Journal of Tuina (Massage) Medicine. 7(2):16-21(Japan)
9. Wang, Li, Sun, Peng. (2010). Approach to Aconite in breaking blood-stasis and dissolving mass. Shanghai Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine,44(7):61-62
10. Wang, Yongjun, Shi, Qi, Zhou, Quan, Sun, Peng et al. (2007). Chondrocyte Apoptosis Induced by Anti-Fas Antibody and Prevention of Insulin-like Growth Factor-1 inVitro. Chinese Journal of Orthopedics. 27 (12): 920-924
11. ZhaoYi, Peng Sun, et al (2007). The Infrared Thermogram Impact of Vibrating Manipulation on the Local Skin Temperature. Liaoning Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine,34(11):1624-1626
12.Peng Sun, et al (2006). Expression of Caspase-3 in Degenerative Lumbar Intervertebral Disc of Bipedal Rat Models. Chinese Journal of Clinical Rehabliation.10(39):89-91
13.Sun, Peng, et al (2006). Effects of “Yiqi Huayu Recipe” and Its Decomposed Formulas on Type-I and Type-II Collagens of Endplate Chondrocytes in Rats. Shanghai Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine.40(7)：70-72
14.Sun, Peng, et al (2006). Effects of Yiqi-Huayu Recipe and its Decomposed Formulas on Apoptosis-related Factors of Intervertebral Disc Chondroctyes in Rats. ChinaJournal of Orthopedics and Traumatology.19(8):449-451
15.Qian Xuehua, Sun, Peng…et al (2006). Clinical Observation of Herbal Ion Penetration plus Traction in Treating Radicular Cervical Spondylosis. Shanghai Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine.40(7):47-48
16.An, Guanghui, Zhao, Yi, Sun, Peng (2006). Mechanism and Application of Jiaji Point in the Treatment of Cervical Spondylosis (Review). Chinese Journal of Clinical Rehabilitation. 10(31):129-131
17.Ji-Xiang Shi, Yongjun Wang, Qi Shi, Quan Zhou, Peng Sun, et al (2006). An in Vitro Natural Degeneration Model of Chondroctyes Derived from Endplate of Intervertebral Discs in Rats. Journal of Chinese Integrative Medicine. 4(3):293-297
18.Fang, Rui, Meng, Qing-cai, Wang, Yong-jun, Shi, Qi, Qian, Xue-hua, Sun, Peng (2006). Adjustment of Bushentongluo Recipe to Expression of Caspase-3 of the Chondrocyte in Osteoarthritis Rats. Chinese Journal of Clinical Rehabilitation.10(43):67-69
19.Meng, Qing-cai, Fang, Rui, Shi, Qi,Qian, Xue-hua, Sun, Peng (2006). Regulative Effect of Maizhuni Recipe on Expressions of Fas and FasL mRNA in Joint Cartilage of Rats with Osteoarthritis. Chinese Journal of Clinical Rehabilitation. 10(35):31-33
20. Shi Qi….Peng Sun…et al (2006). The development of Qi and Blood theory in the process of degenerative disc study. Chinese Journal of Traditional Medicinal Traumatology & Orthopedics. 14:190-192
21.Sun, Peng…et al (2005). Comparison of Gene Expression of Normal and Apoptosis Chondrocytes in Rats Cervical Intervertebral Disc. Acta Universitatis Traditionis Medicalis Sinensis Pharmacologiaeque Shanghai.19(4):45-47
22.Wang, Yong-jun, Sun, Peng, et al (2005). Effects of Yiqi Huayu Recipe on Gene Expression Pattern of Normal and Apoptotic Chondrocytes in Cervical Intervertebral Disc in Rats. Journal of Chinese Integrated Medicine.3(2):111-114
23.Zhou, Quan, Wang, Yongjun, Shi, Qi, Sun, Peng… et al (2005). Effects of Yiqi Huayu Recipe and its Decomposed Formulas on Apoptosis-related Factors of Anulus Fibrosus Cell in Rats. Journal of Chinese Integrative Medicine. 3 (6): 466-469
24.Sun, Peng…et al (2005). Evaluation of Daoyin (Traditional exercise) Treatment of Cervical Syndrome. Chinese Journal of Clinical Rehabilitation. 9（34）：132-133
25. Qian, Xuehua, Sun, Peng, et al (2005). Adolescent Scoliosis Treated by Braces: Application and Evaluation. Chinese Journal of Clinical Rehabliation.9 (30): 207-208
26.Sun, Peng … et al (2004). The Study on Expression of Bcl-2 and Bax in Intervertebral Disc Chondroctyes. The Journal of Cerivocdynia and Lumbodynia. 25(4):225-228
27.Wang Yongjun, Sun, Peng... et al (2004). The Studies on Expression of Bax、Bcl-2 and Caspase-8 inIntervertebral Disc Chondrocytes of Rat. Chinese Journal of Spine and Spinal Cord, 14(8):480-483
28.Sun, Peng …et al (2004). Comparison of the Phentotyptic Characteristics of Intervertebral Disc with Cartilage Cells from the Same Rat. The Orthopedic Journal of China.12（9）：680-682
29.Sun, Peng … et al (2004). Analysis of Medical Records of Cervical Spondylopathy. Shanghai Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine.38(6):28-29
30.Sun, Peng … et al (2004). Expertise of Herbs Treatment to Cervical Syndrome by Professor Shi Qi. Chinese Journal Traditional Medicine Trauma and Orthopedics. 12(2)：60-62
31.Sun, Peng, et al (2003) The Morphology and Phenotypes of the Endplate Cells in Rats. Journal Spinal Surgery. 1(6):346-349
32.Sun, Peng, et al (2003).The Effect of Insulin like Growth Factor I to the Intervertebral Disc Cell and ECM (Review). Chinese Journal Traditional Medicine Trauma and Orthopedics.11(4):60-63
33. Sun, Peng, et al (2003) Survey of Action Mechanism of Chinese Materia Medica in Treating Degenerative Intervertebral Discs (Review). Shanghai Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine.37(4): 51-54
34. Chen, Bohua, Sun, Peng,… et al (2002). Three-dimensional Finite Element Model of a Cervical Unit. Chinese Journal of Spine and Spinal Cord. 12(2)：105-108
1.Co-Interpreter: Kun Sun,...Peng Sun.Li Wang. . Infertility and Assisted Reproduction. People's Medical Publishing House, 2012. ISBN-13 978-0-511-45546-9 EBOOK; ISBN-13 978-0-521-87379-6 HARDBOOK
2. Co-author: Combination Treatment of TCM and WM to Rheumatism Disease, Qingdao Publishing House, January 2001. ISBN：7543622947
3.Editor: Self Management of Hypertension. Qingdao Publishing House, 2010. ISBN:978-7-5436-5839-4
1. Peng Sun, et al. The effect to the Caspase-3 experession in the Degenerative Intervertebral Discs by Tuina Different Finger pression. Shanghai Municipal Education Commission.
2. Yi Zhao, Peng sun, et al. The effect to the apoptosis in the degenerative intervertebral discs by different finger pression on Jiaji Xue (O4CB14) Shanghai Scientific & Technical Development Fund.
3. Xuehua Qian, Peng Sun. The Clinic treament Rule of Tuina and Daoyin to Adlolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis(2003ZL28) State Administration of TCM of People Republic of China.
2007 China Medical Science Technology Award Award Number: 200701109 (First Level): Cell Biological Mechanism of Prevention and Treatment to Disc Degeneration by Yi Qi and Hua Yu Chinese herbs.